Welcome to Year 6 Rowan Class!
Class Teacher – Miss Isaure
Class Teacher Assistant – Mrs Hignett
Class governor – Francis Kwateng
We hope that you had a brilliant and relaxing Easter holiday and that you enjoyed both eating chocolate and having fun outside.
This term we will explore Early Islamic Civilisation in R.E., History and Geography by travelling back to Baghdad (Iraq) and Damascus (Syria). During Art lessons, we will re-create beautiful Early Islamic Art.
In Literacy, we will study “Hermelin the Detective Mouse” by Mini Grey, which will allow us to write various texts of different genres using the Spelling, Punctuation And Grammar (SPAG) rules that we have learnt.
In Mathematics we will focus on Sats revisions in the first few weeks and will revisit Measurements, Geometry, Statistics, Ratio and Proportion, Position and Direction through practical activities.
In Science we will investigate electric circuits and learn about inheritance and evolution.
We will use the internet to carry out some research linked to our topic and Science in Computing lessons.
We will continue to learn conversational Spanish.
We will continue to sing during Singing Assembly every Monday afternoon.
P.E. lessons will be led by our coach on Friday afternoons.
Our important dates:
– 2018 KS2 Sats:
– Monday 14th May 2018: Spag papers (45 min for Grammar, Punctuation and Vocabulary Questions, 15 min for spelling 20 words)
– Tuesday 15th May 2018: Reading paper (1hr for 3 texts and comprehension questions)
– Wednesday 16th May 2018: Maths Arithmetic paper (30 min) and Reasoning Paper 1 (40 min)
– Thursday 17th May 2018: Maths Reasoning Paper 2 (40 min)
– P.E. is on every Friday. Remember to bring your P.E. kit.
– Homework are given out every Thursday and are due back the following Tuesday.
Please support your child by encouraging them to read and practise their times tables daily.
Thank you very much for visiting our page. We hope that you found it useful. Please feel free to come and talk to us at any time before or after school.
Madame Isaure and Mrs Hignett