P.E. & Sports Premium
- PE lessons taught by specialist PE coaches (Premier Sports) and class teachers – all year groups participate in 2 hours of PE lessons a week
- The Daily Mile – every day, in the afternoon, all children run, jog, skip or walk a mile
- Core fit and Mind fit – 18 week core fitness and mental health programme delivered to Year 6 pupils by a team of experts and planned by the team and the Headteacher. This is a trial programme where impact is being measured. Visit core fit unique website for more information
- KABS instructor Tommy and Outdoor learning – through a range of activity including physical activity, team building exercises, outdoor learning and exploratory classroom sessions Tommy completes a 7 week programme with each year group focused on building cohesion, positive dynamics, cooperative learning skills, resilience, growth mindset and a positive mental attitude
- Lunchtime Sports Coaches – Premier Sports coaches run lunchtime activity clubs every lunchtime
- Access to after school sports club – this includes running club, football team, gymnastics proficiency awards
- SMILE approach – adults interact with pupils at break and lunchtime encouraging games and play
- Play leaders – 11 of our Year 5 children are currently in training to be play leaders to further promote structured play at lunchtime as well as building their leadership skills.
- Swimming in KS2
- Outdoor adventure residential yearly for Years 2 to 6
- Sporting competition – we are part of the Cheshire Oaks School Sports Partnership
- Sporting visitors and athletes visiting into school
The PE and Sport Grant funding, which is in an addition to main school funding, is allocated by the Department for Education to improve the quality of PE and sporting activities offered to pupils.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil as recorded in the annual schools census in January 2017. The number of children recorded on the annual schools census for January 2017 is 130 and the total amount of Sports Premium Funding for this academic year is £17,300.
Academic Year of Year 6
|No. of Children in the cohort||Children who accessed additional swimming||Total Number of children who could complete 25m of unaided swimming (inc additional sessions)|