Our Governors are the strategic leaders of our school and
play a vital role in making sure all our children receive the best possible
Their three core functions are:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring policies
The full Governing Body meets once each term, and there are two main committees to consider different aspects of the school in detail. Our committees are:
The Standards Committee whose main brief are standards and curriculum;
The Finance Committee which focuses on finance, premises and personnel matters.
There are other committees such as the Pay and Performance Committee who meet during the Autumn Term. There are also a number of other committees that meet, if required, to consider pupil discipline, complaints and staffing matters.
Chair of Governors – Francis Kwateng (Co-opted Governor Term of Office 06/06/19 – 06/06/2021). Chair of Standards Committee.
Head Teacher – Louise Roberts (Start date 09.09.19)
Staff Governor – Stephanie Price (Term of office 15.06.20 – 14.06.24)
Parent Governors – Julie Lewis (Term of office 27.04.17 – 26.04.20) resigned 11th June 2018.
Joanne Lyon (Term of Office 16.06.17 – 15.06.21)
Lynne Velasquez (Term of Office resigned 6th March 2018.
Local Authority Governor Nicholas Hebson (Term of office 27/04/2017 – 26/04/2021)
Co opted Governors – Elaine Speakman Davies (Term of office 06/06/2019- 06/06/2021) Chair of Finance Committee.
Phil Owen (Term of office 29.09.15 – 28.09.19) resigned 24thMay 2018.