Our Governors are the strategic leaders of our school and
play a vital role in making sure all our children receive the best possible
Their three core functions are:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring policies
The full Governing Body meets once each term, and there are two main committees to consider different aspects of the school in detail. Our committees are:
The Standards Committee whose main brief are standards and curriculum;
The Finance Committee which focuses on finance, premises and personnel matters.
There are other committees such as the Pay and Performance Committee who meet during the Autumn Term. There are also a number of other committees that meet, if required, to consider pupil discipline, complaints and staffing matters.
Chair of Governors – Nicholas Hebson (LA Governor Term of Office 27/04/2021 – 26/04/2025 ). Chair of Standards Committee.
Head Teacher – Louise Roberts (Start date 09.09.19)
Staff Governor – Stephanie Price (Term of office 15.06.20 – 14.06.24)
Parent Governors – Amy Harris
Co opted Governors –
Gerry Devine (Term of office 04.11.20 – 03.11.24) Chair of Finance Committee.
Rebecca Senior (Term of office 21/06/2021 – 20/06/25)
Jenni Ogden (Term of office 21/06/2021 – 20/06/2025)
Gillian Houghton (Term of office 21/06/2021 – 20/06/2025)
Governors must declare any relevant business and pecuniary interests including:
- governance roles in other educational institutions;
- any material interests arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff (including spouses, partners and close relatives).
Our governors have made the following declarations on their annual register of interests. The governors at our school, are also asked at the beginning of every meeting held to declare if they have an interest pertaining to the agenda items to be discussed at that meeting.
Chair of Governors: Nicholas Hebson, declared that he is a school governor at Little Sutton Primary school Primary School, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire.
Head Teacher: Louise Roberts: None declared.
Staff Governor: Stephanie Price: None declared.
Co opted Governors: – Jenni Ogden declared she is Headteacher at Wolverham Primary school
Gillian Houghton declared she is the Manager at WASPS preschool
Rebecca Senior declared she is a teacher at St Bernard’s Primary school
Gerry Devine: Non declared