Willow – Miss Kennedy (Reception)
|Miss H Kennedy
|Ms R Martin
Teaching Assistant (am only)
|Miss L LaForest
|Miss A McLaughlin
Welcome to Willow Class everyone! My name is Miss Kennedy and I am the Reception Class Teacher here at The Oaks. Please use the page of the website to keep up to date with what we are getting up to in class. I love beginning your child’s learning journey with them at The Oaks. Remember to follow us on Twitter (@TheOaksCP and @TheOaksCPWillow) to see lots of exciting photos and messages from us in school. Stay safe everyone!
Our home learning is on Class Dojo, please speak to Miss Kennedy to gain access. Your child will also be sent home with other account details for different online learning platforms. These will be sent home during the first few weeks in school and it will be explained how to use each account.
Please find below the curriculum leaflet for this half term which will provide you with an overview of what your child will be learning about in school.
Please ensure that you are reading with your child each night for 10 minutes and recording this in their reading record. Your child will be sent home with a reading book from school. Please record every time you read with your child in their reading record, even if it is not a school book, because when they achieve 50 reads they will be allowed to choose a brand new book to take home and keep forever. These will be changed on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please ensure your child has their book bag every single day so adults in the classroom can read with your child.
Our Classroom Door
Reception Baseline Assessment
During their first few weeks in school, your child will participate in the Reception Baseline Assessment. This is used to allow teachers to identify each child’s next steps. This nothing to worry about. I have added in an information leaflet below to provide you with some further information.
From September, the following will be the timings for the school day. I will communicate via email and Class Dojo if there are any further changes.
- Breakfast club will begin at 08.00 and is 50p per day for your child to attend. This is completely optional.
- The school gates open at 08.45 and registration is at 08.55. So your child must be in their classroom before registration starts at 08.55.
- Please drop off and collect your children from their classroom door.
- The school day finishes at 15.15 and this is the time your children need to be collected.
On Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd September, your child will attend either a morning or afternoon session. The timings for these have not changed.
Morning session 08.30 – 11.00
Afternoon session 12.25 – 14.55
The AM/PM sessions were confirmed via a letter in the post and via email. Please message me via email or Class Dojo if you need to change your slot or have any further questions.
Your child begins attending school for full days from Monday 6th September (please see the timings above).
- RWI Phonics Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- Joe Wicks PE Sessions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Phonics Bug Club: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
- Numbots: https://play.numbots.com/#/account
If you have any questions or queries please feel free to email me directly (email@example.com) or speak to me on the classroom door in the mornings.